Warts are a common skin problem faced a by a large number of individuals around the globe. It may appear in the feet, hands, genitals and sometimes on the face of a person. Although, most warts are harmless, they are often embarrassing for anyone. Some warts may heal by themselves, but they may take a long time to fade away. Let's understand how tea tree oil may treat them in a natural way.
The different ways to treat warts with tea tree oil
Since warts are caused due to a virus called human papilloma virus (HPV), it can easily be treated with an antiviral agent. Tea tree oil has long been used to treat viral skin infection including warts. The oil is extracted from the leaves of the plant Melaleuca alternifolia, native to Australia. The essential oil has great antimicrobial properties because of which it is extensively used in skin care products to treat skin infections. Here are a few different ways to treat warts with tea tree oil.
#1 Tea tree oil bath
Depending on the location of warts, you may take a tea tree oil bath. It is useful in relieving genital warts and those located in hard-to-reach areas. Here is how to use it
* Warm a tub of water so that you may soak yourself or the affected area in the water.
* Add a few drops of tea tree oil to the water
* Soak yourself in it for at least 20 minutes.
* Repeat the procedure 2-3 times a day to get relief from pain and itching due to a wart.
* Taking a tea tree oil bath may encourage complete wart removal in a few weeks time.
#2 Tea tree oil at night
Plantar warts that occur under the feet are usually treated with this method. Using tea tree oil at night ensures that the oil penetrates the skin and has a deep action. Follow these steps to cure warts with this method
* Clean the surface thoroughly by washing with a mild soap before going to bed
* Dip a swab of cotton in tea tree oil and place it over the wart.
* Put a bandage over it so that the swab remains in its place throughout the night.
* In the morning, remove the bandage and wash the wart with clean water.
* You may again reapply a fresh swab dipped in tea tree oil right after or again at night. Make sure you allow at least 8 hours of application of the oil to remove warts in a fast and effective way.
* It is best suitable for treating warts present in hands and feet and provides instant relief.
A slight tingling may be noticed by applying tea tree oil directly on the skin, but that is okay. If you find severe tingling, stop the use and wash the area with plain water. Consult your dermatologist for further assistance.
#3 Tea tree oil with aloe vera
Tea tree oil, when applied directly on the skin for a long period of time may cause dryness and irritation. If you have a sensitive skin, you may consider using it with a carrier oil or aloe vera.
* Add a few drops of tea tree essential oil with aloe vera gel. You will get the aloe vera gel at any pharmacy in your locality. You may also use freshly extracted aloe vera gel from the plant.
* Apply the mixture over your warts and let it remove your warts in a natural way.
* Aloe vera, having great moisturizing properties does not allow the skin to dry due to the effect of tea tree oil and soothes the skin.
* You may also mix tea tree oil with a carrier oil like olive oil for an all-natural remedy for warts of all kinds.
* Add a drop of this mixture over the wart and let it penetrate the skin. Use it regularly until the wart changes color and falls off.
Tea tree oil can be used in any of the above ways to treat warts naturally. Regardless of the kind of warts you have, tea tree oil helps in destroying the virus and provides relief from plantar warts, genital warts and warts on hands and face. It may take about 1-4 weeks time depending on the size of the wart to fade out and fall off. If you are looking for a natural treatment for removing warts, tea tree oil may work well for you.
I Want Faster Results!
Tea Tree Oil is a great natural cure, however it can take some time to work. If you have warts that you need gone now, we suggest you try Wartrol.
This is an all natural wart elimination serum that can eliminate any type of wart, anywhere on the body within about a week. With consistent daily use you will see results quickly. And the best part is that it's completely painless and safe for even the most sensitive skin.